So if you are following this series, you should know three major things about investing by now:
So you are already ahead of most people by now. However, while knowing how much to invest per month and what is your investor profile is not enough for a comfortable financial situation. Now you need to know if you want to work with someone on your financial plan or if you want to do it yourself (DIY investor 😉 ). The next Mondays will be spent on this specific topic. We will actually look at three alternatives:
– Working with a broker
– Working with a financial planner / financial advisor
– DIY investing
But first, here are a few questions you must ask yourself before continuing in this series. They will help you knowing which kind of investor you are and what are your needs in term of investing.
– How much to you have to invest now and how much are your ready to invest per months?
– Do you like reading financial newspaper and knowing what is going on in the economy?
– Do you like making research, reading financial statements, doing ratio calculation?
– Do you love to know what is going on in your portfolio and why you are holding so and so mutual funds?
– For your equity part, do you prefer mutual funds or stocks (including ETF’s)
– Do you want to be involved in the investing process?
– Would you like to get real time information, monthly/quarterly phone call or receiving your statement is good enough?
– Do you like details a lot, a bit or you prefer to get the global picture?
– Are you able to trust someone else with your money; completely? Through discussions? Or not at all?
So think about all of those questions, write down your answers and I will tell you what would be the best type of “investment partner” for your “investor style”.
Stay tuned as we will continue next Monday. Until then, good luck investing in the meantime!
|How I Suck at Not Paying Debts||Hitting 6 Figures Income at 28|
|How I Get a Huge Income Raise Each Year||Making $125K Online in 12 months|
|How I Buy Blogs||Most Debated Articles: The Primerica Saga|
|How I Have Survived My MBA||What is So Wrong With Making Money?|
|How I run multiples blogs and makes money without burning out|