Man…. I remember this like it was just yesterday. Back in my apartment in Montreal, I was just starting my career. At that time, not long after I quit my first job without notice and found my way to another department at the same bank after a few weeks. A year later, I was sitting on my couch on a lazy evening, not doing much. My wife was out for a work meeting and I had nothing to do besides watch the boring premiere of a cheap version of Gilligan’s Island but with a plane instead of a boat… Oh yeah… I’m talking about Lost ;-). At first, I was definitely not sure about this series… and then I got hooked!
Dude! What’s the point of talking about Lost on this blog? Keep reading… you’ll find out 😉
6 awesome seasons later, one per year, Lost ended-up with the best series finale ever in my opinion. That was back in May 2010. During the same 6 years (from September 2004 to May 2010), I did a lot of things:
– I got 4 promotions and went from a 30K annually to a 135K salary in 2010.
– I got married with the most amazing woman in the world.
– I started a 6 figure online business with my best friend.
– I had 2 marvelous kids.
– I’ve been able to gather all my friends from different paths (high school, in-laws, university, neighborhood) together each Xmas and now rent vacation properties all together.
– I’ve managed my way to obtain a 4 day/week schedule at my day job and work on my blog one full day a week.
– I’ve made more friends during the MBA program and we still see each other from time to time.
– I’ve gone from a negative net worth to almost $200,000 net worth.
– I’ve learned how to play golf, started a steady workout schedule at the gym and played softball in a garage league.
– I’ve done all this and never missed 1 episode of Lost. In fact, I also got hooked on many other series such as Prison Break, House, Dexter, etc.
So What’s the Point?
The point is that I did a lot of things that contributed to my financial situation during these past 6 years and still have a life. I am able to be there for my family and friends, all the time.
The point is that I am not better than you, not smarter than you. I just did a few things differently.
And I think you can do the same.
And I’m about to tell you how…. This week 😉
How to Crush it and still have a life
When I was a kid, my financial goal was simple: make $100K per year. I have upped that, added a small modification to that goal:
Make 100K per year while working less than 30 hours a week
I’ve discovered that making 6 figures was not that complicated in the financial world. However, reducing your work hours below 35 hours is almost mission impossible. Why? Because of the Dream Crashers! In the upcoming weeks, I’ll share with you my tricks on how to:
– Reduce your work hours without affecting your salary
– Find time to build a sideline business without ditching your friends and family
– Create activities that will generate money
So tell me what you have a problem with
I already have a pretty good idea of how I will build this series and what will be included in it. But I need to know what your issues are to make sure that I hit the right nails and close the coffin on fears that prevent you from living a better life.
So tell me, what is holding you back? Is it time? Resources? Money? Ideas?
|How I Suck at Not Paying Debts||Hitting 6 Figures Income at 28|
|How I Get a Huge Income Raise Each Year||Making $125K Online in 12 months|
|How I Buy Blogs||Most Debated Articles: The Primerica Saga|
|How I Have Survived My MBA||What is So Wrong With Making Money?|
|How I run multiples blogs and makes money without burning out|