You have been working hard for a long time without taking a break. So you can’t be blamed if you start daydreaming about basking in the sun on the beach. Yes, you do need a summer vacation. However, summer vacations can be a financial drain. Moreover, the gloomy state of the economy over the past few years demands prudent spending. Under the circumstance it is very important for you to find out some innovative ways to save money during the vacation. So check out the following money saving tips before you put your right foot forward:
· Get started by preparing a budget. This will help you to spend according to your means and make sure that you don’t come back from your vacation with a scary debt. A budget also will also help you to use your money in an organized manner. You will have a fair about the different expenses involved.
· A great way to save your money is by traveling to some beautiful yet lesser known location. Try to stay away from the most popular areas of the country. You can ask your friends and relatives about uncommon places they have been to. If you manage to find such a destination then it is highly possible that you will get yourself some terrific deal. Many families save hundreds of dollars every summer just by avoiding places that do not thrive on tourism.
· Research on the Internet to compare rates and find out whether the cruise company or the hotel is offering any special packages or discounts. If there is any hotel chain or airlines company which you usually stick to then make sure that you are a member of their points club. The points you earn will get you discounts..
· Look for coupons on the Internet, inside free tourism booklets etc. These coupons allow you to visit theme parks or other similar tourist attractions at a much cheaper rate, sometimes for free. Therefore, these coupons are a great way to save money during vacations.
· Try out local food during your trip. They are often simple yet delicious. More importantly, local cuisine can be friendly to your wallet. Local cafeteria, Street foods or restaurants in inexpensive neighborhoods can be a great proposition in terms of money as well as food.
· Consider vacation rentals rather than hotels especially if you have a decent sized family or if you are planning to travel with a large group of friends. These rentals are far more cheaper than hotel rooms. You can usually find a place to stay for $400 to $700 per week, if you share the house with another family. Moreover, you will get a kitchen which means you can prepare breakfast (lunch and dinner too, if you want to) and save tons of money by avoiding eating out everyday.
· If you have small children then consider schlepping along your own car seat rather than renting one from a car rental company. This might be inconvenient but will save you $5 to $15 per day. If you are heading towards a theme park then better bring your own stroller. Dragging along your Maclaren will save you $10 to $30 a day.
Summer vacations are meant to rejuvenate our tired souls. Don’t let financial worries ruin it. Just keep in mind the above things and you will be able to enjoy a great summer vacation while staying within your budget.
About the author:
David Brown is a content writer with Oak view law group. He writes on a variety of finance related topics with a strong focus on frugal living.
image source: Ahmed Amir
|How I Suck at Not Paying Debts||Hitting 6 Figures Income at 28|
|How I Get a Huge Income Raise Each Year||Making $125K Online in 12 months|
|How I Buy Blogs||Most Debated Articles: The Primerica Saga|
|How I Have Survived My MBA||What is So Wrong With Making Money?|
|How I run multiples blogs and makes money without burning out|